| | |
Tips For A Comfortable Hospital Stay
Your health and safety are our primary concerns. With that in mind, we ask that you:
- Ask your nurse to help you walk or get in and out of bed. Medications, physical weakness or simply the change in environment — especially at night — may cause confusion, dizziness or unsteadiness
- Use your call light when you need something. If you have trouble using it, or if it is not working properly, let your nurse know.
- Remember that bed rails are necessary to protect you from falls and to help hospital staff with moving and transfers.
- Listen to the emergency instructions your nurse gives you when you arrive.
- Do not bring any small electrical items, such as electric razors, music players or computers, as they may interfere with delicate electronic monitoring equipment.
Please leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home. We are security-conscious, but cannot be responsible for valuable personal items.
If you lose something during your stay, please contact Security at 206-368-2795.
You will probably be more comfortable in your own pajamas, slippers, and bathrobe. However, we will provide these items if you need them.
Please bring a list of medications and dosages you currently take, but donít bring the medication with you unless instructed to do so by your physician. For your safety, the hospital pharmacy will provide all the medications your physician prescribes. Print out and complete this handy personal medication record with information about your doctors, vaccinations and the medications you take.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a nonsmoking facility, and smoking is not allowed anywhere on campus. If you feel that this will be a problem for you, please ask the admitting nurse about resources that are available to help you stop smoking.
Possession and consumption of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs is prohibited on hospital grounds. Anyone under the influence of non-prescribed drugs or alcohol will be removed from hospital premises.
Your physician will arrange for you to check out of the hospital by 11 a.m. You may incur additional charges if you leave after that time. Please discuss discharge procedures with your physicians, nurses and case manager.
During your stay, the Food and Nutrition Department will take care of all of your dietary needs. Our staff will prepare and serve you three meals every day. We offer a room service program so you can have your meals on your own schedule. Additionally, a variety of snacks are available upon request. The room service program also allows patients to purchase meals for visiting family and friends.
Should your diagnosis require it, our clinical dietitians are available to personalize menus to accommodate special dietary restrictions..
Interpreter and TDD Services:
If you or a family member have special communication needs such as interpreter services, TDD services, or telephone amplifiers, please tell your admissions representative.
Give outgoing mail to your nurse, or place it in the outgoing mail tray at the nursesí station. We will deliver mail to you daily.
Northwest Hospitalís gift shop has fresh flowers, magazines, candy and small gifts available for purchase.
For Surgery Patients: For more information on outpatient surgery, click here.
For more information on inpatient surgery, click here.