| | |
The Northwest Hospital staff believes education is an important tool that people with diabetes can use to improve their health and their lives. Our teaching program includes your choice of one-on-one education or classroom instruction. Either way, youíll learn background information and the practical skills needed for effective diabetes self-management. This knowledge builds confidence and encourages you to achieve and maintain good health, and helps prevent complications.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center offers a number of classes, as well as a Nutrition Clinic, support groups and wellness resources to help you, your family and friends. Call (206) 368-1564 for schedules or for more information.
Our goals at the Northwest Hospital diabetes education program are to:
- Provide you and your family with an appropriate education program on a consistent basis
- Provide the members of the Northwest Hospital staff teaching materials and resources to enable diabetes education throughout the organization
- Complement the efforts of health care providers with a comprehensive education program for their clients with diabetes
- Direct the ongoing improvement of services to people with diabetes
- Monitor and evaluate quality of the overall program
- Facilitate continuing education in diabetes for health care professionals